Our application system for doctorates is open all year. However, those candidates who wish to begin in the first semester of the program (in March), must complete their application before November 15th of the previous academic year.
- Be in possession of a Bachelor degree in Mathematics, or a degree or academic degree equivalent. In case of having academic degrees of foreign origin, these must be legalized from the country of origin. Documents issued in countries subscribed to the Apostille Convention of The Hague will be received apostilled. In the case of those documents issued in countries not subscribed to the Apostille Convention of the Hague, they must be legalized at the Chilean Consulate of the country of origin, for later legalization and translation (when applicable) at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Chile.
- Accredit academic and professional backgrounds that account for the training and previous experience of the applicant, according to the training requirements of the program (Curriculum Vitae of the applicant).
- Present a written statement of purpose that explains the interest of the applicant in the program and its academic objectives to pursue doctoral studies, as well as the dedication commitments that he subscribes. (Letter of intention stating interests and motivations).
- Proof of understanding of the English language, sufficient to understand it in written form, at a level that allows them to read articles, books and access international documents and databases. In case of not having a certification that certifies the level of proficiency of the English language, once enrolled, the student must take a diagnostic test in order to evaluate said knowledge. Your result will indicate the English courses of the College of Doctoral Programs necessary to achieve the required competencies.
- Certificate of placement or ranking of the student among the graduates of the last 5 years or the percentile in which it was found at the time of obtaining previous degrees.
- At least two letters of recommendation.
For more information, you can contact us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling to the Secretary of Research and Postgraduate, Faculty of Mathematics, on the phone: (56-2) 2354 4518.